Tuesday, January 24, 2012

ART WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So for this art work I picked Boy With Bubble. I really wanted to choose the one with the babies sitting around a table but the image wouldn't enlarge and I couldn't see much of the image. So this was the next beast thing. I've chosen this one because I just like the picture it's self. There's this kid with a cigarette in his mouth and he's playing with a bubble. And I really thought that this was interesting because he DOES NOT look of smoking age (actually there shouldn't be an age of smoking) and in the background there's this other little boy. And when I see this image I think of this kids youth and I guess how he's losing it.

So first of SMOKING KILLS!!!!!! And this little kid is smoking and he's so young. And he's killing himself. So he's losing his youth by smoking and killing himself and not having clean lungs so he could do fun kid stuff. He's also seem's to be much matured then his age. He's wearing this sliver ring, a button down shirt and he has a cigarette in his mouth. While the kid in the background is just wearing a simple plain t-shirt and some pants. But he's face is covered with paint. Unlike the kid with the cigarette who's face isn't and is clean.

So I really liked this image because of the message it is saying. How in some places children are losing their youth. Where its from wanting to grow up too soon. Or like in places were children are forced to fight in a war. I guess I really like this image because it's really sidle. There's just this little boy with a cigarette in his mouth playing with a bubble and an other little boy standing in the background. And I guess most people won't realize it that this little boy letting go of his youth (THE BUBBLE!!!!!) and trying to group up (THE CIGARETTE!!!!!) to soon.

5 comments:

  1. I thought the picture you picked was really interesting, because it really had alot of messages about childhood and growing up. I agree with you completely that the cigarette was a symbol of kids growing up too quickly, and I loved how you focused on that. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your reasoning for your message was really good. You continued with your main point throughout all the paragraphs. As well as the comparison between the 2 boys, which is really strong and connecting to your message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that the kid in the suit is suppose to represent a adult while the kid on the side is suppose to represent the kid. The interesting thing is that the kid looks miserable and not sure of himself and the "adult" looks great and confident.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think its the desire to look like an adult or act like one can give kids motivation to do stuff like this. Its funny because kids act like this when they're kids but some adults see the desire to act young. When you have something, you don't really care for it until its gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK-YOU FOR COMMENTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete