Tuesday, March 6, 2012

SLAM!!!!!!!!

So I just started this book yesterday and I'm only on page 61 so I'm not that far in the book. But this book is about a boy named Sam (we don't find out about his name until like 20 pages later ) and it's basically about his life. And the events leading to how he screwed up his life. It's pretty interesting. So sam has a mother who is a single mother and had  a teenage pregnancy so she's always putting pressure on him that he doesn't make the same mistake. And she wants Sam to go to collage and have a great job because everyone else inter family screwed up and didn't go to school because they thought they were going to be multi millionaires so he does get pressured into going into collage and having a good job. And Alice is sam's girlfriend and they've only been together for like I don't know a day and I guess their in love with each other.

So I guess Sam is having problems with his mom. Well they are having relationship problems. His mom is worried that same is going to make the same mistake as she did when she was his age. But Sam keep's pushing her away so she's worried that seeing Alice might be making him do the wrong choices. And that Alice might be the one making him do the wrong thing. Which I totally agree with Sam's mom because they haven't went on their first date and it was Alice's idea to have sex.

SO this book has to deal with child and parent relationships. And we can push our parents away because we think they'r not helping and we can feel old enough to make our own decisions but in reality they're actually trying to help us. Like in this book Sam's mother is trying to help him so he doesn't become a father at the age of 17. But sam thinks his mom is over reacting and he doesn't feel like this is going to happen. And I know sometimes my parents are trying to help me but I always push them away.

3 comments:

  1. I agree. I think we always push away our parents. Sometimes, it isn't just not listening to them. In some cases, we push them away just by not talking to them and letting them know what is going on in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with both of you. Often people think that their parents put pressure on them and are leading their lives for them. But what they are trying to do is to make sure their kids are on stable ground for the future. And make sure that their kids don't make the same mistakes that they did, which is the case here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are right. Sam's mother is trying to look for his future and to make sure he does not end up in the same situation that his parents once were in. However, its Sam who has to make his choices, he is old enough and has to think for himself, without having his mom help him.

    ReplyDelete